[vc_row type=”in_container” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
Out with the old, in with the new.
Email is one of the most cost-efficient ways to reach consumers with marketing messages. However, consistently sending one message to an entire database of contacts is a strategy that will eventually diminish brand reputation, deplete an email list of subscribers, and hinder conversions. When it comes to email marketing, a “batch and blast” is no longer enough to get the job done.
With email marketing services, even small businesses and regional retailers have the opportunity to join the big leagues.
Use PII to Generate Hyper-Targeted Segments
The task can sound daunting – generating specific campaigns for individuals when a company has an email list of millions of users – but it’s not. In recent years, there has been an explosion of personally identifiable information (PII) available for companies to use as consumers make purchases on websites, log in to social media networks, and connect their email accounts across devices. When a consumer opts-in to the terms and services of these websites, email marketing agencies can collect hundreds of data points, ranging from name, age, and gender, to date of subscription, lead status, and buying patterns.
There are dozens of fields containing demographic, geographic, psychographic, and behavioral data for marketers to chose from. Integrate these data points with one another to produce highly-targeted email lists. Additionally, verify and cleanse email lists to ensure that email deliverability rates skyrocket and bounce rates plummet.
The Benefits of Targeted Email Marketing:
Targeted email marketing is so beneficial, there’s almost no reason not to use the strategy. The top five benefits of targeted email marketing are: Relevance, Response, Revenue, Relationship, and Retention.
- Relevance: Sending targeted messages to niche audience segments gives you the freedom to create messages that are unique to that specific group. Send your niche audience content that they want to see. Show them something that will resonate. Make them remember your message, and more importantly, your brand. Use this opportunity to address the customer by name, mention their most recent purchase, or talk about the product they added to their cart on your website. Connect with the customer in a way that shows them you value them.
- Response: Once the consumer opens your super relevant email, it’s more likely that they will engage with it. Email marketing service MailChimp says that statistically, open-rates and click-rates are higher in targeted email marketing campaigns. More opens and more clicks lead to more conversions.
- Revenue: More conversions lead to more revenue! Maximize revenue by targeting specific people with specific deals.
- Relationship: Create relationships with your customers by speaking directly to them in targeted email marketing campaigns. Show them that as a brand, you value them, and recognize them as more than just a data point. To you, they are an individual with specific wants and needs. As a brand, you recognize that and want to tailor your offerings to them. By proving this to your consumers, you’ll improve your relationship with them.
- Retention: Once you’ve developed a relationship with consumers, they’ll be eager to come back for more. Retention is all about leveraging the relationship you already have with your consumer, consistently improving it, and keeping them engaged.
Prior to sending targeted email marketing campaigns, set benchmark metrics. Then, use real time campaign engagement reporting to analyze things such as delivery rate, open rate, click rate, and conversion rate. After deploying targeted email campaigns, always measure success against the original benchmarks. See what worked, and what didn’t to determine an even better strategy for the next campaign. You can even try A/B testing campaigns to improve individual email elements.
It’s clear to see that mass email marketing is quickly becoming a thing of the past, only to be beaten out by targeted email marketing.
To learn more about how Bridge can help your brand send relevant messages that improve relationships while increasing revenues and retention, contact us here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”in_container” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/1″][vc_raw_js]JTNDc2NyaXB0JTIwdHlwZSUzRCUyMnRleHQlMkZqYXZhc2NyaXB0JTIyJTNFJTBBJTBBd2luZG93Lm9uYmx1ciUyMCUzRCUyMGZ1bmN0aW9uJTIwJTI4JTI5JTIwJTdCJTBBJTIwZG9jdW1lbnQuX3RpdGxlJTIwJTNEJTIwZG9jdW1lbnQudGl0bGUlM0IlMEElMjBkb2N1bWVudC50aXRsZSUyMCUzRCUyMCUyMkRvbiUyN3QlMjBmb3JnZXQlMjB0byUyMHJlYWQlMjB0aGlzLi4uJTIyJTNCJTBBJTBBJTIwJTdEJTBBJTBBd2luZG93Lm9uZm9jdXMlMjAlM0QlMjBmdW5jdGlvbiUyMCUyOCUyOSUyMCU3QiUwQSUyMGRvY3VtZW50LnRpdGxlJTIwJTNEJTIwZG9jdW1lbnQuX3RpdGxlJTNCJTBBJTBBJTBBJTIwJTdEJTNDJTJGc2NyaXB0JTNF[/vc_raw_js][/vc_column][/vc_row]