Marketing plans for the holiday season
October is yet another critical time for planning – devising a strategy to avoid a marketing disaster this holiday season. Although email marketing is a well-established marketing tactic, there are still many ways that mistakes can be made.
Email marketing tips to avoid slippery slopes
Implement the following email marketing tips to ensure you receive the greatest value from your holiday campaigns:
- Balance email send frequency. Send too little and your brand lacks inbox presence, send too many and you can risk a higher unsubscribe rate. It is important to determine that balance and not become spam.
- Include a clear CTA. Your customers should have a clear indicator letting them know what to do next. Your campaign can miss the mark if you don’t offer your audience clear cut directions. Lead them down the buyer’s journey path that you want them to take.
- Have a follow-up plan to your initial campaign. Create a follow-up campaign and deploy to openers and clickers from the previous campaign. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to close the deal.
- Enhance your online shopping experience. The point of your email campaign is to direct shoppers to your website. Make sure that the process is user-friendly and hassle-free for your customers.
- Prepare your website infrastructure. Since the goal is to direct consumers to your website, make sure that your site can handle the expected increase in traffic. Understand the load capacity of your ecommerce platform.
- Include tailored landing pages. Links should take your customers to a well-crafted landing page that is tied to your specific call-to-action. Don’t waste their time by having them search around on your website, make it easy for them.
- Clean your email list. Avoid hard and soft bounces that can negatively effect your brand reputation and eventually land you in the spam box. Make sure you’re sending from the most up to date and accurate email list.
- Personalize campaigns. Consider segmenting your audience and sending different emails to different copy. The world of “batch and blast” has past. Sending tailored content will resonate with niche audiences and lead to conversions.
Maximize holiday season success
Implementing some of these email marketing tips will help your company prepare for the holiday season, optimize the success of your email campaigns, and avoid downfalls during the holiday season.
Do you have any more email marketing tips to share with us? We’d love to hear! Reach out.